Friday, May 27, 2011

Between the Sea and Sky bits and pieces

Between the Sea and Sky was at BEA! I know there are a decent amount of ARCs trickling out now, and reviews too. My critique partner Jessica Spotswood compared it to a "fantasy L. M. Montgomery" on Twitter the other day. I promise I won't spam you with review quotes, but, this is why you always hurry up and send your dear friends ARCs before anyone else, because they like you and they will probably like your new book, so that by the time the first bad review comes along, you have kind words to CLUTCH.

Anyway, I've done a few a Sea & Sky guest posts I wanted to point you to:

At Windowpane Memoirs I talked about the setting of Between the Sea and Sky.

She's also running a contest to win a copy, so check that out. You can also win a copy at my post here:
http://jaclyndolamore.blogspot.com/2011/05/m-is-for-may-and-magic-under-glass.html. It runs 'til June 7th and your odds right now are very good!

And I've got a Goodreads giveaway going on. The odds are not quite as good of course, but entering couldn't be easier!

And this post is already a month old, but I never mentioned it here...at The Book Rat I talked about how I drew from fairy tales for world building mermaids, and how I developed the winged folk (who didn't have much in the way of myth to draw from).

Okay, so this is a bit of a cheat-y post, but my hands hurt and I have synopses to write, so...it will have to do for now.

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "fantasy L.M. Montgomery!"

    ReplyDelete