Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Between the Sea and Sky Signing, Nov 12th, Casselberry, FL

Hey guys!!

So I've arranged for a book signing of Between the Sea and Sky for those of you who want signed and sketched-in copies of the book at the Books-A-Million in Casselberry on November 12th from 2-4. (Or was it 3-5? I think it's 2-4.) (Casselberry is on the north side of Orlando.) They will also have some Magic Under Glass paperbacks.

IMPORTANT: The events manager there is cautious about ordering too many books. It's a very nice store, but I don't think they have a lot of events there. Orlando isn't exactly the book release party capital of the nation anyway. So if you KNOW or THINK you might be coming and purchasing books, please let me know how many copies of Between the Sea and Sky or Magic Under Glass you would like so I can give her an estimate.

(Let us all pause a moment to mourn the death of Borders, as my local Borders was VERY supportive and that was the store I was always went to and the people I always talked to. So I'm feeling a bit lost this time around... The Orlando Barnes & Noble, I must say, was ALSO very lovely, but they proved to be kind of out-of-the-way for me and most people I know.)

Also, as many of you know, if all goes well I am planning to move to Maryland by the end of the year, so if any teacher/librarian folk out there in Florida are interested in booking me for an author event, you only have a few months before I will be quite a bit less cheap and available since I will no longer live here. Just an FYI in the chance that anyone was thinking about it and assuming I'd be around awhile.

6 comments:

  1. Ach! I'm always in the wrong darn country for the cool events! *Gnashes teeth*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're moving to Maryland?! What?! Is this retaliation for not being in town for the signing? Sigh, our poor YA scene will be decimated... I forgive you, and have fun at your signing--I have one that day too (in NY), so let's hope they both go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, HOW DARE YOU SIGN ELSEWHERE, I'M MOVING!!!

    I was telling Jenny it reeeally sucks that I met you guys right when I can finally move. I've been looking for awesome YA folk in Orlando forever and I've had so much fun hanging out with you guys... But alas, it doesn't make up for the fact that there's a lot more going on for me in Maryland...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is the first (and maybe last) time I've ever heard of an author signing in our town. I'm nearly speechless. Marking it down now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayyy!! This is soo exciting! There are not many book releases in Orlando (if any!) This is soo exciting! My book club is going to try to go! So this is going to be REALLY FUN! See you there! We're about 9... So hopefully everyone can go! =D

    ReplyDelete