Monday, July 5, 2010

For today's blog post, see elsewhere!

I guest blogged about unschooling over at Maggie's Bookshelf. I talk about why I didn't go to college. There's a lot more I could've said about my unschooling experience, but that'll do for now. So go hang out over there if you're curious about unschooling or homeschooling, there are some other posts too by other people.

Now, back to my writing cave... I'm revising Between the Sea and Sky, and getting nearish to the end. I love this book so much. I'll be happy to finish it again but also sad to see it go...

1 comment:

  1. Bravo to you, Jaclyn! I loved how you shared your experience and how it worked for you. As a nineteen-year-old who is also unconventional (meaning I'm not enrolled in college at the moment due to circumstance and choice), I find hope in your story that I *can* make it as a writer, pursuing my passions and hoping that my hard work will pay off. Whereas all my peers always looked at school as a place they needed to go so that they could someday have a career, I never looked at it that way; I was one who loved learning, period. I feel that I'll always be learning, no matter how old I am, and that I don't need a degree to "define" me. I want my ideas, my opinions, my character, and my stories to define me. That's the life I want to live.

    Anyway -- I'm glad it's working for you (glad to hear you're already on revisions for Between the Sky and Sea!), and I hope that this path will work for me someday as well. Cheers and thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete